2020 College-Selected Activity: IPC Practices during the COVID-19 Pandemic
COVID-19 disease transmission prevention measures must be responsibly managed by physiotherapists. For this reason, the 2020 College-Selected Activity requires you to demonstrate your actions to DO. LEARN. GROW. your COVID-19 infection prevention control knowledge and competence. By renewal, you are expected to:
- The personal, administrative, engineered and elimination measures to control the spread of infectious diseases like COVID-19.
- How to apply these measures within your practice context to limit the spread of COVID-19.
- How to respond if experiencing signs or symptoms of respiratory illness.
- How to react if you encounter a patient exhibiting signs or symptoms of respiratory illness or reporting risks related to COVID-19.
A review of these resources:
By reflecting on resources and guiding questions listed on the website.
When you renew your practice permit you will be expected to make a declaration respecting completion of the objectives and activities set out for the 2020 College-Selected Activity. Click here for more information about the 2020 College-Selected Activity.
Optional resources for your review
- Infection Prevention and Control Visual Guide: Checklists relating to elimination, engineered, personal and administrative measures to take to limit the spread of COVID-19. Consider how this might help you ensure that essential and important COVID-19 management tasks are