Under the Health Professions Act, you are required, within 30 days, to report changes to your name, contact information, academic record, employment, restricted activities performed, and registration with another college. You are also required to report any criminal charges, convictions and unprofessional conduct to the Registrar as soon as reasonably possible.
Use MY Profile in the Member Portal to report changes as they occur.
- Current Practice Name. This is the name that appears on your practice permit and Public Register and therefore the name you use when practicing physiotherapy.
- Other Names. Your registration record must contain all your names even if it is not the name in which you practice. This includes full legal name, previous name, maiden name, alias or adopted/married name. For example, married physiotherapists who adopt their spouse's last name but continue to use their maiden name in practice must still report the adopted name.
- Current residence address
- Home telephone number
- Email address
- Physiotherapy qualifying education. Reported at initial application and appears in MY Profile without the ability for the registrant to change.
- Other University-level education.
Registration other Jurisdictions
- Other jurisdictions you are currently or were previously registered as a physiotherapist or other regulated professional.
Record of all practice locations during the current registration year.
- Direct telephone to reach you at the organization (this number also appears in the Find a PT online search function
- Role (permanent, temporary, casual)
- Type (full-time, part-time)
- Practice scope
- Age range of patients
- Areas of practice (maximum 4). Practice areas are converted to "conditions treated" for the Find a Physiotherapist online search function to make the information “public friendly”. This allows us to collect the information once but use it twice. To see how practice areas are converted to conditions treated, click here.
With the exception of regulatory notice, Physiotherapy Alberta will only send electronic communication which you explicitly consent to receive. As well, your consent is required for Physiotherapy Alberta to share your name and email address with researchers looking for physiotherapists to participate in studies to promote innovative, quality physiotherapy care.
Criminal and Conduct Information
You must self-report to the Registrar the following information as soon as reasonably possible:
A decision of unprofessional conduct by another regulated body in any jurisdiction
Any findings of professional negligence
Any charge or convictions of an offense under the Criminal Code (Canada).