Under the Health Professions Act, you are required, within 30 days, to report changes to your name, contact information, employment and registration with another college.
You must practice in the name which appears on your practice permit. For example, if you use an abbreviated first name in practice you must tell Physiotherapy Alberta so we can issue your practice permit in that name.
- Provide the request in writing and let us know this is the name you will use in practice.
Your registration record must contain all your names even if it is not the name in which you practice. This includes full legal name, previous name, maiden name, alias or adopted/married name. For example, married physiotherapists who adopt their spouse's last name but continue to use their maiden name in practice must still report the adopted name.
- Provide the request in writing.
- Include a copy of a government issued identification, for example, birth, marriage or divorce certificate.
- Let us know whether or not this is the name you will use in practice. If it is, your registration record and practice permit will be updated. If it is not your practice name, only your registration record will be updated.
- Your registration record must contain your current home mailing address, an email address and home telephone number.
- Log in to your online account to report changes as they occur.
Your registration record must contain information about where you practice:
- employment status
- where services are delivered (If you work at Physiotherapy Clinic X on a contract or consulting basis report the clinic not your consulting company as the reporting requirement is 'where services are delivered')
- areas of practice
- work phone number
Log in to your online account to report changes as they occur.
Registration with another college
Registration with another health profession must be indicated on your registration record. Log in to your online account to keep this information up-to-date.