Click here to view the Privacy/Confidentiality Standard as a PDF.
The physiotherapist respects clients’ rights to privacy and confidentiality of personal information including health, financial, and other information by practicing in compliance with applicable legislation and regulatory requirements.
Clients can expect that their personal information will be maintained privately and confidentially in accordance with applicable legislation and regulatory requirements.
- Complies with all relevant legislative and regulatory requirements in Alberta associated with privacy and confidentiality of clients’ personal information.
- Protects clients’ privacy and personal information at all times.
- Maintains security of all client documentation/records (e.g., paper, electronic) at all times (e.g., during data collection, storage, transfer, disposal).
- Obtains and documents clients’ consent prior to disclosing personal information, unless legislative exemptions apply.
- Accesses only relevant client information/data when providing professional services for the specific client, in keeping with legislative compliance.