Please send an electronic copy of the proposal with supporting materials as either a WORD or PDF document to Alana Kohlman (Corporate Services Manager, Physiotherapy Alberta- College + Association) at firstname.lastname@example.org. Any questions about the process can also be directed to Alana Kohlman.
The research proposal should not exceed 4 pages excluding references and Appendices. The proposal should include:
- Abstract (up to 250 words) – not included in the 4 page limit
- Background (should include appropriate literature review)
- Purpose and specific objectives
- Design, sample and sample size justification, data collection procedures, Analysis
- Significance of the findings
- Budget (with justification for expenditures)
- Time frame for the proposed study
- Plans for final product (presentation, publication, pilot work for inclusion in proposal for full scale study, etc.)
- Appendices (use judiciously)
Formatting requirements: double spaced type, size 12 font, with 1-inch margins.
Supporting materials should include:
- Curricula vitae of principal applicant and co-applicants (each not to exceed 3 pages),
- Letter of support from any individual or organization whose support is needed for the success of the project,
- Disclosure of any other funding that overlaps with the project,
- Certificate of ethical approval where required (this need not accompany the application, but must be submitted before funding is released).